CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 4, 2009

Springtime '09


Today begins the third week of Missouri's turkey season. Although there are no dead turkeys in any of my new stories, I have some really good new stories. My calling is better than ever. I called in today's subject and got thirty photos of him. My hunting buddy, young Donnie Stuver, and I have worked some very tough toms. We called in the hens of two very henned-up gobblers. One tom came to within 15 feet of my ear and gobbled twice. That was cool! Donnie got a fifteen yard bow shot. The broadhead he shoots is designed for a head shot only. He missed by a nanomillimeter. Hey, we still had a blast, it's hunting. While hunting with brother John and two of his business partners I found out 40 years of hunting experience is not enough insulation to prevent STUPID. Long, embarassing story short, I moved when I should have stayed put, costing one of the partners his FIRST bird. Ever seen that commercial, Wanna get away?