CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 29, 2010

Tiger Eyes


Well, in case you can't tell, these are not turkeys! No, I am not abandoning my committment to specialize in wild turkey art. This is just a project that popped up and looked like fun. Daniel and I saw some tiger eyes in a store while Christmas shopping. He thought his girlfriend, Amber, would really like something like this for her apartment. She had just graduated from MU and is a fan of the Missouri Tigers. Debbie and I jumped at the gift idea! We found a 12" x 36" canvas with a 1 3/8"profile. I did my research on tigers and did her the painting. She loved it and it was great fun to paint. Seems like everyone who saw it, liked it and suggested I do more. My creative side took over, so I sketched out both horizontal and vertical ideas. They are very light, easy to hang, and no frame is needed! Each one is an original. Tigers have markings and stripes that are very unique to each individual. This gives me alot of freedom. There are lots of schools out there with tiger mascots. It seems like the young people like this type of art. I'm going to use most of February to get the turkey paintings rolling again. My oldest son, Eric is buying some equipment to put in food plots for hunting. I look forward to helping him when he needs a hand. This is going to be a fun year!!!